The Evolution Power Tools brand isn’t exactly famous right now, but in all likelihood it’ll get there. That’s especially true when they keep producing excellent miter saws like the Rage3. This is an incredible multipurpose tool that you can use not just for cutting wood, but for harder materials too. Let’s dive into the Evolution miter saw review.
Evolution miter saw review
Who says you have to limit yourself to just working on woodcutting projects? For lots of DIY fans, there are more materials than just wood. But that doesn’t mean that you need a separate saw for each type of material. With the RAGE3, you can pretty much cut them all.
This comes with a strong motor and a special 28-tooth tungsten carbide blade specifically designed to cut through common metals. Cutting through aluminum isn’t a problem.
Obviously hardwoods don’t pose any difficulty, and they can even have embedded nails and you won’t care. This can cut through 6mm of mild steel.
Best of all, cutting through steel doesn’t result in heat or burrs, and there are very few sparks. You immediately get a finish you can work on right away.
Bevel and Miter Cuts
This offers a range of 45 degrees to the left and right for miter cuts, and you have 9 positive stops to choose from so you can get the precise angles you want. You also have a 45-degree tilt to the left for bevel cuts.
For greater accuracy, there’s also a laser cutline guide. The guard on the blade also comes with a see-through window so you have a clear view of the cutline.
Ease of Use
You can use the Evolution Miter Saw RAGE3 easily enough even if you’re left-handed. The balance is impeccable so using it with one hand still gives you great control. Making cut adjustments is easy too.
The dust collection system is very effective, as it collects about 75% of the generated dust. That can be annoying since you have to empty the dust bag constantly, but you can solve this problem by connecting the dust port to your shop vacuum.
What we Liked
- The stock blade can cut through aluminum and mild steel.
- It’s a compound miter saw that can give you bevel and miter cuts.
- It comes with a laser guide that helps with accuracy.
- It lasts for a long time.
- The price is very attractive.
- Has a high torque of up to 15-amp motor.
- Tool blade tipped with tungsten and carbide.
- Boasts impressive dust collection.
- Has a 3-year warranty.
What we didn’t like
- The setup is a bit too complicated.
- For bevel cuts, it only tilts to the left
Frequently Asked Questions
Aside from the multipurpose miter saw with the special blade, you also get an edge guide, a vacuum, dust port, a DVD instruction guide, and a spacious plastic case.
The no-load rate is 2500 rpm, and that low rate is actually a good thing for cutting metal.
If you’re working exclusively on just wood and nothing else, then the RAGE3 isn’t really for you. You have better options with your money. However, if you’re also working with aluminum, mild steel, and plastic pipes, then it’s perfect for your needs.
In fact, this ability to cut through hard materials easily may tempt you to broaden your horizons. You may be working on just wood right now, but with the RAGE3 you may find that working with many types of materials may be more satisfying for your DIY needs.
- DEWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- Hitachi C12RSH2 15-Amp 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- Bosch 5312 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw Review
- WEN 70716 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw Review
Last update on 2021-09-16 at 19:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API