Travertine is a natural stone that has been utilized in building and architecture for thousands of years. Travertine is a natural stone that has been utilized in building and architecture for thousands of years. It's also available in various colors, making it simple to incorporate into elegant patios or vibrantly colored walls.
If Travertine is not properly cared for, it may develop stains and other issues over time because of the lack of natural protection against water damage.
The good news is that there are sealers on the market today that will give this protection while also complementing your travertine surfaces!
In this article we will discuss the best outdoor travertine sealer that is currently available on the market, making it simple to incorporate into elegant patios or vibrantly colored walls.
Comparison Chart for Best Outdoor Travertine Sealer
Our experts combed through tens of thousands of customer reviews before making any recommendations for Outdoor Travertine Sealer in this post.
|1||Color Enhancer Sealer for All-Natural Stone and Pavers. Marble||9.6||View On Amazon|
|2||DRY-TREAT Intensifia - Combination Enhancer & Sealer for Natural Stone||9.6||View On Amazon|
|3||5 GAL Armor AR350 Solvent Based Acrylic Wet Look Concrete Sealer and Paver Sealer||9.6||View On Amazon|
|4||1 Gal. DOMINATOR Stone+ Gloss Clear Acrylic Sealer - Satin Finish Stone Sealer||9.2||View On Amazon|
|5||4 Pack Sealer Applicator Pad to Seal Tile||9.2||View On Amazon|
|6||Stone Pro Porous Pro - Impregnating Sealer for Travertine||9||View On Amazon|
|7||Black Diamond Stoneworks Wet Look Natural Stone Sealer Provides Durable Gloss and Protection to: Slate||9||View On Amazon|
|8||Ultra Dry 70 - Stone Sealer for Travertine Limestone Marble and Granite - Natural Look (Gallon)||8.8||View On Amazon|
|9||Stone Care International Stone Sealer - 128 Ounce (1 Gallon) - Professional Granite Sealer Protect Your Stone Marble Granite Travertine Limestone Countertop Fireplace Patio - Streak-less||8.6||View On Amazon|
|10||Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone and Travertine Floor Cleaner: Natural Stone||8.6||View On Amazon|
1. Color Enhancer Sealer for All-Natural Stone and Pavers. Marble
- HIGHLIGHT AND DARKEN the natural beauty and character of unsealed surfaces.
- REJUVENATES THE COLOR and improves the appearance of weathered surfaces.
- LONG LASTING, easy to apply, and is suitable for both interior and exterior use.
- HELPS SEALS OUT WATER but allows moisture vapor transmission.
- ALWAYS TEST FIRST made in the U.S.A.
2. DRY-TREAT Intensifia – Combination Enhancer & Sealer for Natural Stone
- SUPERIOR STAIN PROTECTION: Our Dry-Treat intensifia ensures deep color enhancement.
- BREATHABLE SEALER: Our flooring sealer is super breathable.
- TESTED & CERTIFIED: ISO 10545-14 Class 5 (best possible resistance to stains), greater than 98% reduction in 24-hour water uptake (Rilem method).
- LONG-LASTING: Our Dry-Treat stain proof is longer lasting and can be used on outdoors under UV light.
- PERFORMANCE WARRANTY: 5 year performance warranty when patio brick sealer is applied by an accredited applicator.
3. 5 GAL Armor AR350 Solvent Based Acrylic Wet Look Concrete Sealer and Paver Sealer
- The Armor AR350 is a breathable, non-yellowing solvent based acrylic that will darken concrete and pavers to make them look wet, and provide a long lasting, durable low gloss finish.
- The Armor AR350 is manufactured in the US and made from non-recycled resins.
- The Armor AR350 is self-priming and can be applied to unsealed concrete and paver surfaces, as well as surfaces previously sealed with a solvent based acrylic sealer.
- The Armor AR350 will help to reduce damage and deterioration caused by surface abrasion such as dustring, cracking, spalling, and pitting.
- The Armor AR350 can last up to 1-3 years on exterior surfaces and up to 3-7 years on interior surfaces before the need for a recoat.
4. 1 Gal. DOMINATOR Stone+ Gloss Clear Acrylic Sealer - Satin Finish Stone Sealer
- COLD WEATHER WARNING: Do not apply if surface temperature is expected to be below 50° for 48 hours before & after application.
- PROTECTS against oil stains and other spills while providing the ultimate UV protection on surfaces including concrete pavers and decorative concrete.
- Breathe easy when applying DOMINATOR STONE+ sealer due to NO HARSH ODOR and LOW VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) as so many reviews have noted.
- Your money goes farther with this product! AMAZING COVERAGE RATE of 200 – 800 square feet per gallon (typically one coat), delivering long lasting protection.
- EASY spray on application using our included Quick Start Guide and available How To Videos.
5. 4 Pack Sealer Applicator Pad to Seal Tile
- Microfiber Applicator Pads For Natural Stone & Marble: Durable, washable, reusable, reliable & long-lasting 5″ x 4″ x 1″ microfiber applicator pads that are soft and absorbent for a perfect finish every time.
- Excellent Results On A Variety Of Surfaces: The microfiber sealant applicator ensures tile, marble, granite, natural stone, slate, travertine, & grout gets universal coverage for a longer lasting seal and works well for rough or uneven surfaces.
- Excellent Applicator For A Variety Of Sealants: Including Elmer’s, Red Devil, Perma Tile, Laticrete, Black Diamond, and more.
- Value 4 Pack: Always have the right pad for the job with this economical set of four.
- Easy To Use: Apply your chosen sealer to the applicator pad & easily spread evenly over application area.
6. Stone Pro Porous Pro – Impregnating Sealer for Travertine
- Superior protection for limestone, travertine, grout and other porous stone and masonry surfaces Professional grade protetion against oil and water based stains.
7. Black Diamond Stoneworks Wet Look Natural Stone Sealer Provides Durable Gloss and Protection to: Slate
- BEAUTIFUL GLOSS SEALER Works on exposed aggregate, stamped, colored or decorative surfaces
- SPRAY, BRUSH OR ROLL on concrete, pavers, slate, driveways, garage floors, patios, masonry, brick
- WILL NOT DARKEN MOST SURFACES when it dries.
- PLEASE READ COMPLETE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: not for polished GRANITE OR MARBLE
- WATER BASED SEALER VOC compliant, Easy to Maintain 100% Money Back Guarantee- Made in USA
8. Ultra Dry 70 – Stone Sealer for Travertine Limestone Marble and Granite – Natural Look (Gallon)
- Maximum stain protection for natural stone marble granite limestone & travertine
- Advanced formula to seal and protect your stone without changing its natural look
- Provides maximum stain and water protection including salt water
- Easy to use and Water-based safe for food areas
- With Stella Sealants, customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed – if you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
9. Stone Care International Stone Sealer – 128 Ounce (1 Gallon) – Professional Granite Sealer Protect Your Stone Marble Granite Travertine Limestone Countertop Fireplace Patio – Streak-less
- For use on all solid stone surfaces including granite, marble, limestone, and slate
- Protects stone surfaces from water and staining while allowing the stone to breathe and release moisture vapors.
- Great for use on countertops, floors, showers, vanities, and fire place surrounds
- Penetrating sealer which forms Flexible molecular Links for strong protection – use at least every 6 months for best results.
- Professional 1 gallon size
10. Black Diamond Stoneworks Limestone and Travertine Floor Cleaner: Natural Stone
- REGULAR USE WILL ENHANCE your stone’s natural beauty, making colors more vivid.
- WORKS GREAT ON POLISHED CONCRETE. Honed, tumbled and all porous surfaces.
- PH NEUTRAL, BIODEGRADABLE will clean and protect your stone surfaces.
- ONLY 4 OZ PER GALLON of water-Designed, tested and used by stone care professionals.
- NATURALLY DERIVED INGREDIENTS- Safe for use around pets, children and the environment. fresh scent.
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat is the purpose of sealing a Travertine Stone?
Even though travertine is a naturally porous stone, it must be sealed to keep its natural beauty and long life. Making your stone water-resistant guarantees that the characteristics that first attracted you to it will not be lost. A sealer acts as a physical barrier between the granite and any stains that may arise due to normal use.
It is important to seal the stone not to absorb liquids and not get permanently stained.Is it necessary to seal Travertine tiles at certain times?
Tile sealing is a basic operation performed during the construction phase and regularly after. For example, hard substances, such as acetone might cause sealants to wear away prematurely.What is the difference between Enhancing Sealers and Natural Sealers?
Depending on your particular choice, you may seal your travertine tiles with either an Enhancing or a Natural sealer. Natural Sealers are more rubbery in texture while Enhancing Sealers are more flexible.Is it possible to make my floor stronger and more resilient by sealing it?
sealing your travertine floor is indeed the greatest approach to safeguard it. It will help to reinforce and protect your floor from stains, water damage, scratches, and other damages.Do I need to seal my Travertine pavers on a regular basis?
If you have travertine flooring, it is recommended that you seal it with a high-quality sealer every six to twelve months. To maintain the original white gloss, many individuals seal-seal and recoat the surface every year or two.
Outdoor Travertine Sealer Buying Guide
When a sealer is absorbed into the skin, it gives it a more natural look. When the surface is dry, it will retain its original appearance. Types that are topically sealed have a desirable surface. Various surfaces such as brick, clay tiles, and travertine may benefit from using the finest travertine sealers on the market.
If you want to have the least amount of negative influence on the environment, select a sealant that can be removed with a dry cloth or mop. Using environmentally friendly travertine sealers, you may help safeguard the environment by not using any toxic components.
Know your Surface
Travertine sealers are available that may be used on almost any surface. The specificity of some is greater than that of others. Opt for a product designed more for tile or travertine countertops than for blanket surface applications.
To prevent water from entering your travertine patio or pool area, your sealer must be marine-grade and seal any porous tile seams.
In addition, choose a heavy-duty sealer that is not only fantastic for the kitchen but can also clean grout or not be used outside for sealing brick or tiles.
Increasing the longevity
Using sealants, you may extend the life of your stone while also protecting it from harmful chemicals such as water, acids, or acids. These coatings assist in preventing the stone from rusting and wearing away and keeping it protected from water and acid exposure.
Without causing glare, sealers bring out the inherent hues of stones to their fullest potential. Additionally, premium types may protect the intake of alcoholic beverages and petroleum.
If the travertine is not properly sealed, it may be damaged by ice and snow during the freeze and thaw cycles in colder climes. This water, along with the dust and sand in stone, may eventually result in a mud pool, which may develop fractures in the stone's surface.
Sealers prevent settling in masonry, which may result in damage to the walls, and so help to prevent such damage from happening. They also help to prevent the formation of cracks in masonry.
Protection against Acidic Materials
This naturally occurring stone is composed nearly entirely of calcium salts and contains chemicals that react well with the acidic elements of nature. Travertine is a kind of marble.
Even the most innocent products, such as fruit juices and drinks, are susceptible to contamination, resulting in long-lasting discoloration of the products.
A sealer prevents this liquid from developing within it, and it can be cleaned in a single sweep once it has been applied.
Strong and durable
When you seal something, it makes it more resistant to corrosion while still having a long life span. It is safe for travertine to be used in places where many people go.
They make the stone last longer. With high-quality sealing products, you can be sure to get the best results anywhere else.
The Last WordsOverall, the most effective strategy for sealing travertine is to use a high-quality sealer, which provides:
- Excellent protection against wear and tear.
- Stains from dirt and water.
- Other destroying elements.
Applying the sealant evenly using a paintbrush rather than a roller is preferable. Another advantage of utilizing a sealant is that it makes your home seem more attractive.
It is hoped that you have found this blog post about the best outdoor travertine sealer to be helpful.