Hitachi C12RSH2 15-Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
Hitachi is a famous brand in the electric appliance industry, so it’s not surprising that they’re also part of the power tool industry.
The C12RSH2 is a good example of what Hitachi brings to the miter saw niche, and it comes with features that many appreciate.
The Hitachi C12RSH2 uses a fixed rail design that doesn’t need rear clearance to make room for the sliding rail extension. Basically, this means that you can out it in tight work spaces without sacrificing even a little bit of your cutting capacity. You can even use this while you set it against a wall.
This design cuts 12 inches from the usual footprint you need. It also has tall sliding fences that can go up to 5⅛ inches. This means you can cut up to 7.5-inch crown molding vertically.
It miters to the left by 45 degrees, and to the right up to 57 degrees. For bevel cuts, you also get a 45-degree angle range so that you don’t need to flip the workpiece to make a bevel cut on the opposite side. The saw blade flips instead, so the workpiece stays in place.
You have positive stops on both the bevel and miter scales so you can set your angles quickly and easily. The measurements are all easy to read too.
The vertical handle also gives you great control over the saw, because the comfy elastomer grip reduces the vibrations that reach your hand.
You even have an adjustable laser marker so that you can make accurate cuts even if you’re a newbie.
• It comes with a powerful motor.
• It’s very compact.
• It tilts to the left and right for bevel cuts.
• You can get accurate cuts easily.
• There’s a warranty for 5 years.
• At 59 pounds, it’s a challenge to transport if you have to carry it.
• You don’t get the micro-adjust feature anymore.
Q.How wide is the base?
A. It’s 630 mm wide, and that’s 54 mm wider than the earlier C12RSH.
Q.What are the positive miter angle stops?
A. They’re set at 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, and 45 degrees.
This is the miter saw you want if you really want to improve your woodcutting efficiency. It’s great for small workshops with tight spaces, it’s easy to get accurate cuts, and you can work on large pieces. With its impressive cutting capacities, you can really do a lot of work for your DIY projects.
- Hitachi C8FSE 9.2-Amp 8-1/2-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- RAGE3 10-Inch Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw Review
- Bosch 5312 12-Inch Dual Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw Review
- Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw Review
- WEN 70716 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review