DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Saw Review
What if you really want a superb miter saw with all the bells and whistles? You may have to pay for the privilege, but the Dewalt DWS780 is the model you want. This comes with all the advanced features, but the weight is still manageable and the price isn’t all that bad.
Amazing Cut Capacities
The combination of cut capacities you get with the DWS780 leads the entire miter saw industry:
• Vertical capacity is at 6.75 inches.
• Nested crown capacity is at 7.5 inches.
• Horizontal capacity is at 13⅞ inches.
• At 90 degrees, you can cut through 2 by 16-inch lumber.
• At 45 degrees, you can cut through 2 by 12-inch lumber.
This miter saw is designed to last for a really long time. You can see it plainly enough with the various features. It comes with rugged guards for the blade.
It has precision-machined fences, castings, and bevel system. The miter detent plate is made from durable stainless steel that can withstand the rigors of constant use.
It’s Very Easy to Use
For miter cuts, you have a range of up to 50 degrees to the left and 60 degrees to the right. The adjustable miter detent plate offers you 10 positive stops to choose from.
If none of those stops is to your liking, you can use the miter detent override to get the exact angle you want. You can then just lock it to that angle with the cam lock miter button.
Making bevel cuts with the DWS780 is very easy too, since you have a range of 49 degrees to both the left and right. The bevel scale is extremely easy to read, so you’re unlike to make a mistake with your angle setting.
You know the constant problem with using any type of saw? It’s the cleanup afterward, because you inevitably end up with sawdust.
For most miter saws, this is a real problem because the built in dust collection systems aren’t all that good. Usually, you have to upgrade them.
That’s not the case with the advanced dust collection system here. It’s good enough to collect up to 75% of the resulting sawdust. That means you won’t have as much cleanup work waiting for you when you’re done with the miter saw.
It’s Still Portable
Despite all the bells and whistles, it still weighs just 56 pounds. That’s not bad at all. It also helps that the DWS780 comes with a superb handle design that really makes it easy for you to take it to a job site.
• It comes with industry-leading cut capacities.
• It offers advanced technology for fine and precision cutting.
• It lets you bevel in both the left and right sides.
• It’s portable.
• The warranty is excellent.
• It’s pricey.
• It may not be easy to carry for some people.
Q. How powerful is the motor?
A. The 15-amp motor can spin the 12-inch blade at 3,800 rpm.
Q.Are there positive bevel stops?
A.Yes, at 0, 22.5, 33.9, 45, and 49 degrees on both the left and right sides
If you can afford this and you’re serious about woodworking, you really have to get the Dewalt DWS780. This is great for contractors, installers, framers, trim carpenters, and cabinet makers. In fact, even casual woodcutting DIYers may find the inspiration to take their hobby more seriously.
- DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw Review
- DEWALT DW717 10-Inch Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- DEWALT DWS709 Slide Compound Miter Saw Review
- WEN 70716 10-Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review